Skip to main content

Marie Simon

 


Fresh from winning the International competition Mondial des Arts Sucres for France, Marie Simon, Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc's chef de partie patisserie, Shares her creative inspiration.


 France has a long history of producing excellent pastry chefs
Is there anywhere else in the world that can compete !?..

" I find Asian countries inspiring - particularly Japan. The chefs there are so creative, and they work with such high levels of craftsmanship"


Do you have an Achilles heel when it comes to cooking !?..

" Actually, working on artistic pieces used to be my weak point., The competition forced me to develop my technique and it also made me liberate my creative side a little... "


 Are you naturally competitive !?..

" No., In fact, I'd taken part in very few competitions before this one. I think I just wanted to set myself a goal to improve my skills, and I wanted to prove to myself that I could get this far ".


Did you find it easy to collaborate with Loic Beziat, your teammate for the competition !?...

" Knowing how to say things - both positive and negative wasn't always easy, especially when we were both so tired.
We're such different characters and we have very different ways of working, but we trusted each other, which I think was evident on the day".


  Can you describe your winning piece !?...

 "  Our final display, which we called "From Flower to Bottle", represented the journey of perfume production from the flower and spices to the final bottler. My piece represented the spicy, more masculine side of perfume. I used an abstract perfume bottle as a structure to position large star anise, cinnamon stick, vanilla pod, and citrus fruit - all made of chocolate of course!."



  How did you feel when you won!??

 " I didn't really take it in at first. I   was happy and relieved, and really   delighted to see that all those long   months of work hard had paid off."





 What do you do when you're not in the kitchen!?...

" I've been the lucky owner of a horse for the past 10 years, so when I'm not in the kitchen I'll be out riding."



  What do you think you'd do if you weren't a   pastry chef !?..

 " It's hard to say. It's always been obvious to me that that's what I   would do! I enjoyed drawing when   I  was at school, and I was   interested in how cartoons were   made, so   perhaps I'd be an illustrator - something quite creative."



So much Love to Ms. Sinta Diu For making it Happen.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FROM ZERO TO FINANCIAL FREEDOM

INTRODUCTION This book is a story of Mr. Frank Olives from 0, poor family, std 7 failure no secondary school education, simply nothing, except for his big dreams and the time as his capital, finding his way to becoming one of most powerful and multi-millionaire man in Tanzania with multiple businesses in different markets, the book stands as his voice to all other people in different ages in Tanzania and anywhere else in the world that don't look down upon yourself for its written in many books from the bible David had a stone, himself plus his courage and the buck up from God, we all are given 24hrs a day so technically you got the time then fix you courage in other ways do your best and HE will do the rest     ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My father is  an ordinary man who tried so much hard to put food on the table its even funnier remembering how hard it was paying school fees/bus fees too, for me and my brother, us two boys was so much hard now imagine there was Ten of us, too sad that

THE ART OF FORGIVENESS.

Frank envisages the importance of Forgiveness, to maintain good relationships. Moreover, who does one constantly interact with?  it's family members first, then friends, neighbors, relatives, and those one associates with daily life. More often it's the spouse, children, and parents that need pardoning most for hurts inflicted, perhaps unintentionally.     Would You not therefore rather forgive than hold a grudge, instead of disrupting the peace in a home.?     Harboring a hurt is to be resentful which of course is not good. The sufferer is the one holding the resentment. It is also self-destructive and harmful to others. Often due to disagreements, one gets into a heated argument. Harsh words leave an agonizing pain, and with time, the hurt deepens, if no effort for an amendment is made. This is exactly what happened between HIM and his WIFE ( Grace Frank ), in such instances, it becomes even more difficult to forgive. This is the greatest hitch and block. Not forgiving, fes